I love taking photos of our home. I think it's the drama that makes it so appealing to me. ( The drama is so me LOL). When we built our home, we had no idea how it was going to look like. We chose a floor plan that suited our lifestyle and one that was within our budget.
The brick supplier showed us some sample bricks inside a conference room at my husband's workplace, where the lighting was not very good. I went with my gut, my choice had a touch of yellow and gray. To see an actual house with this brick, we drove around in the rain nearing the winter season.
And here's the result, our lovely dramatic home sitting gracefully on our lot, greeting everyone who drives into our neighborhood.
On landscaping: I really prefer mulch for the beds instead of rocks, but mulch is expensive. We originally mulched the beds but when it was time re-mulch, it was going to cost at least $1000. And so my husband, ever the accountant, decided to get rocks. It is rocky all around, but I know I can always soften the beds by adding more plants. This month, I moved four coreopsis early sunrise plants to the ground. I grew them from seed.

It is so satisfying for me to do this. Grow my flowers and plant them where I want them. Yes, I think, with the way I planted the coreposis, there's more drama again. Hmmm... what can I plant in between them? Something low. Maybe this, or this. What do you think? And look at this, it's drought tolerant, fragrant, (drama) and it spreads, and someday, it can take over the rocks! And then our home will look more like a cottage and less formal. Yes, I think I want to go with #3, Nepeta Walker's Low. Here's another picture:

I hope you could someday come and visit :)




4 comments:
Jeannie
thank you for your visit and comment.
You have a wonderful house and a lot of space to plant flowers:)
Take care Gisela.
****************************
The glory of gardening:
hands in the dirt,
head in the sun,
heart with nature.
To nurture a garden
is to feed not just on the body, but the soul.
Share the botanical bliss of gardeners through the ages,
who have cultivated philosophies
to apply to their own -
and our own - lives:
Show me your garden and
I shall tell you what you are.
- Alfred Austin, 1835-1913
Your home is very lovely and so are you.
Kisses
Love Jeanne
I like how the bricks are looking. Your house is huge!
Thanks for your comment the other day.
Have a nice week. Suzy
I like the rock, mulch needs to be top dressed too often. Plants do an amazing job of softening the edges. The Nepeta is a great choice!
Happy gardening!
Gail
Post a Comment