Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Winter Blessings





Hello friends, I'm back. Was moonlighting at my other blogs. I thought the ice on the holly looked beautiful, so I snapped a picture.

Here's a poem for the snow lovers and snow wishers out there. Don't go, just read it, then read more of my post below it. God Bless!



A Winter Postcard

The beauty of a winter's morn -
when snow is fresh and clean;
Boughs on evergreens clothed in white -
a pretty sight to be seen.

Bushes are, themselves, a garden -
to be remembered in the spring;
A postcard scene on a winter's morn,
to me, is everything.

Joan Adams Burchell
February 21, 2005




Winter can be hard too. Last night we parked the cars in the garage, expecting 40-degree weather today. When I looked out --- more snow! I hope I can get the car out so Julian can go play at the mall. Here's pictures of him after our first snowfall. After this, we got him proper snow attire.

Our Boy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean,
your snow pictures are lovely. Your son looks like he had a great time.
I just wanted to say thank you for showing so much interest and I really like people who are not afraid to ask (I am such a person). Concerning your question I just want to say that I understand people there, because I lived in the U.S.A. for a while and I know that people are not the government. Why is the U.S.A. government getting involved - well I can only say they have their interest. We don't have oil, but they know for sure why they are fighting so hard. I usually don't like to talk too much about politics and I try not to let it interfere with my everyday life. I can strongly agree with you that we "ordinary" people should keep together, without hate, negative energy... I was very lucky to find this great blogging community where I have met so many sweet ladies. That is most important to have positive people around you no matter how far apart we live.
Thanks again for caring and support it means a lot.

I wish you a fabulous week. Suzy

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Jeannie, You son is adorable! I loved the poem, and the slide show. love nita