

There is a flock of blackbirds hovering around our house for the last two days. They seem to be finding a lot of food on my yard, and my neighbors'. They also seem to know when my camera isn't ready, for they fly right in front of me when I am not paying attention.
This website helped me identify the blackbirds which happen to be orchard orioles. I'm just thrown off by the illustration on the website, because the birds i see are a combination of brown and black. http://www.whatbird.com/ is helpful for the new birder because one can identify a bird just by describing its size, body shape, bill, wings, etc. Forgive my ignorance, I've never seen blackbirds before!
We also had sight of the pheasant, going solo these days. He or she has been around the last several weeks, with a mate. Today it came alone... :( Again.. I've never seen anything like this in my life. The biggest birds I ever saw in my yard were my late grandfather's fighting roosters.

1 comment:
Jeannie,
you look very nice:-))
To answer your question, the snowy picture is from our garden and the last is from our previous trip.
We are leaving in a few days for another trip..
cheers Gisela
Post a Comment