Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Another New Beginning


Yesterday, Mama and I went to Holy Mass at Old St. Patrick's Parish at the Strip District. Over there, they have a replica of the steps Jesus was dragged on as He was led before Pilate. It's called The Holy Stairs. One can go up these steps only by kneeling, and on each of the 28 steps, meditate on Jesus' sufferings.

Yes I did it, yes it hurt, yes I prayed for many things. But what really caught my attention was the difference of the Holy Mass that was held there that day. And so I feel it would be good for me to go here weekly, it would be my weekly 'retreat.'







4 comments:

Nance said...

Hi Jean,
It is nice that your mom stayed with you for a while. Wish my mom's still alive. :(

Wishing you a great 2009!

Tara said...

Hi J:

Happy 2009! Glad you are finding spiritual coziness!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, your mom is visiting and you can share many things together!!
My mother passed away, when I was six years old. Never forgot her lovely face and smile. I still miss her..

Jeanne said...

Blessings and much love.
Happy Birthday
Love Jeanne