Monday, October 20, 2008

I Love You Guys

Hello friends, I thought of you today.
... when I walked on the trail with my parents.



... when i found this lotion at Big Lots. It has some sentimental value to me - my grandmother sent me the cologne when i was a college student back in the Philippines.

Here she is with my grandfather. We fondly call them Papalo and Mamalo. Papalo has gone to heaven, or maybe he's babysitting her invisibly.

... when I recalled how I started reading. My aunt Susan in Georgia sent me several of these books when i was a young girl:

What memories are coming back to you today?

4 comments:

Nance said...

What a peaceful place to take a walk!I was brought up by my grandparents so they come in mind today. oh, how i miss them!

Debra said...

Lovely memories, lovely parents!

Nola said...

What a beautiful photo of your parents; treasure them every day! Isn't it amazing what memories a scent can bring back? My Mama has been gone almost two years, but I keep a small bottle of her perfume on my kitchen windowsill so she's always with me in the kitchen!

Joyce's Journey said...

Mmm. I missed this post. I love this one. I love the picture of your parents. You are so fortunate to have been able to do that, but I think you already know that. Time goes so quickly. It's so nice to know what's important and to live it.