A book, I think, is very like
I read on the bed too... I write notes on little cards that I use as bookmarks. Jeanne and I have at least one book in common:
Some of us read outside. I do that when my son plays on the driveway. Cielo of The House in the Roses reads at her outdoor sanctuary, on her back porch, overlooking her garden. You will find her here in the spring through the fall, reading and taking in the gifts of literature, and nature. It's no wonder she's so filled! If you click on her picture below, you'll see what I mean.

About the flashing "Sit Long Read Much" picture: It was created by Cielo. Grab it!
Books are so important. They make great company. Books educate and inspire. Books give solace, bring people together, and sometimes, change our lives.
Patti of Dreams and Decor has a very interesting and creative way to use and display old books:
"The photo is of a little "table" I made from stacking up some encyclopedias my Mom was getting rid of (the ones we had when we were kids. ) Just enough room to set a drink and possibly….a book! "


Richie of Richies Inspirational Designs shows some amazing libraries at her space. When she's home, like a queen, she can feel like she's at a spa when she starts reading.
And here's a friend whom I thought of first, when this idea came to mind, because I very well remember where she reads. I could picture it in my mind.
Mary of Little Red House. Do you know that her father built the bookcase, and the entire house?"The sofa is one of my favorite places to sit and read, especially on a sunny morning. Most of the books on these shelves belonged to my parents. I keep a lot of my decorating books under the end tables here, but we have a lot more books in our family room. We are definitely a reading family. :) "
Books bring people together - as parents read to their children, teachers to students, and as people gather in book discussions in person, or online! Families read together too. You might want to picture Laura's family read together here... She mentioned that her husband built the bookcase himself. I wouldn't do justice to it though if I told her story, so see and learn more at her place, Amongst The Oaks.
Last but not least, mine... what used to be an eye sore is now organized. I finally put this bookcase in order, and integrated it with the rest of the furniture in our great room, after 4 years of living in our home. The whole room isn't perfect, but it's the best it can be and that satisfies me.
Before and After (not much difference)

And there's a little man in the house who reads, too. This is his reading corner and mine.
He made me go to the library and yes, read.

Books, magazines, music, and movies.
Bliss!












17 comments:
Great places to read. I love to read too, like you said a whole new world opens up.
I am sorry for not sharing my library photos, but my home is still in chaos. I am very proud of my library which I inherited from my grandfather, actually I took all the books after they stayed for years in a garage. I am planing to make a reading nook for myself, so when I make all that we can make another library party.
Have fun reading.Suzy
A beautiful posting.
Thanks for including me..........
Love you and all you share.
A toast to glorious books and you~
I think that a lot of us here in blogland share a love of books and reading. Thanks for sharing, Jeannie!
xoxo,
Mary
Thanks for sharing this great idea Jeannie. I enjoyed participating. Let's all encourage others to read by sharing our books. It's always fun discussing them when they're returned.
Laura
Jeannie, Thanks for the great idea of a library party and for putting it all together. I'm off now to go see everyone else's spaces!
I'm glad to see your son enjoys books, too. The love of books begins early in life, I think.
Have a beautiful day!
Books have always been one of my closest friends. I surround myself with them, and can't imagine a world without books in it. Thanks for the tour. I was a little late getting up to par, due to some computer snafus, but I shall take photos for my post today and link back to you.
Brenda
Oh Jean!
What a lovely "Lib aprty" you have. It really makes my brain awaken. As internet toke over mine for awhile.
I comprises my hubby to be a good reader again, HE HE...
Have a wonderful w/end.
hugs,
//chie
Wow... this was really neat!! My bookshelf resembles Nora's up there. hee hee. I'm sorry I missed the deadline! Our internet at home is really weird, and this week it's been s-l-o-w, even more so than normal.
Great idea for the library party- I love seeing others' libraries!
I love books, too!
You have a beautiful blog!
ooo, Jeannie, I didn't know about this and I would have LOVED showing off my great library. Maybe you can have a MR. LINKY sit up and declare a few days of JUST READING SPOTS and we can all join in. I am so sorry I missed this one.
Really enjoyed looking at everyones little spots for 'getting away' in a great book.
Love, bj
Great party, Jeannie! If I have my way, I'll be curled in a sofa or recliner everyday reading with a cup of tea and cranberry sconce!
Sorry, I didn't make it to your party, got busy with our church bake sale.
Hi Jeannie
What a fun idea showing where we keep our books! I realy enjoyed it. Next time maybe I can participate.
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.
Hugs, Rhondi
Hi there Jeannie,
Oh, aren't books wonderful?!...so full of different energy and inspiration. I have them in bookcases, stacked up, in canvas bags, baskets..well everywhere..LOL I'm kind of in between (in a temporary place right now) so it's impossible to organize the way I want to. But the best part is that they are with me! Lots of other stuff went into storage but not my books. :0)
I enjoyed your post alot!
Stephanie
I love your post on libraries, and reading, and places to read! Thank you for sharing this, and thank you for your note on Thankful Thursday, that we are all connected and no one is truly alone.... I love that... Roxanne
What wonderful libraries, and lovely peeks into other readers reading spaces. I love books. Each one has a personality of it's own. Great post!
Hugs,
Debbie
I'm so sorry I missed the Home Library Party. It looks like so much fun. I have accumulated many books at yard sales and estate sales and I love each and every one of them. Someday, I will actually read them all. My most recent purchase is "Marley and Me" which I found for 25 cents. It's on my table calling me every day.
Stop by, you've been tagged.
Ate i love that Julian has his own little place to read(and has a collection of books too!) Super adorable. Lovely lovely home! Wish I can come visit. :)
Post a Comment