Friends, I went to the wilderness today, that is my hedge of poison ivy and other stuff. I pleasantly discovered more plants. Today I rescued some of them, perhaps you can help me name these plants?
Picture A
These ones look like grass from afar. They come out about the same time as the daffodils. They are planted under a tree. I don't know if they are daffodils - I never saw any blooms.
PICTURE B
If you can spot the purple flower on the ground, it's coming from a thin grass looking plant. There's several of them, although i see only one or two blooms. Crocus?
PICTURE C: Daffodils
They are in the middle of the hedge. I found another bunch without blooms. They are the same as the daffodils, correct?
PICTURE D
What are these small pink flowers? They are at the local botanical garden.
Update: Picture A are lilies: tall orange ones. (I now remember seeing them in the summer).





11 comments:
Hello Jeannie,
You asked me about your peony, and i am not sure about how to plant her. I think it is probably best to plant her in the ground this spring. She can dig her roots into Mother Earth that way and get goin'!
but if she is okay in the pot, then let her stay until you know where you want to place her.
Let me know about it and share pix when you can.
Your pal,
Becky
Hi!
I wish I could help, but I really don't know...Maybe the little purple flowers are wild violets?
Penny
p.s. come on over, I am having my 200 post giveaway!
Jean
I do not have a lot of garden knowledge but I'll be happy to watch your progress!
:0)
Tara
about the last picture: the pink flowers are called POOR MAN'S ORCHID
Ola Kaibigan,
I can't tell what they are but the pink ones are so very pretty :)
Hugs,
Dena
Thanks for sharing all of your plants with us...........
Love and hugs
Jeanne
Spread love
Scatter joy and plant seeds of kindness every chance you get.
Love Jeanne
A groundcover with purple flowers? It could be Vinca. Does the flower have five petals with a star shape in the centre?
The latin name for poor man's orchid is Schizanthus.
The bulbs from photo A may be Muscari.(possibly grape hyacinths)
Hello Gail, thanks for visiting... yes the purple flower does have five petals and a beautiful white star in the center. It's amazing how God makes it so beautiful. Not a lot of people will notice this flower on the ground that is smaller than a 25c coin!!!!
I think the first flower could be a daylily.
Post a Comment