**********************************
Hello, all!!! A few days ago, as I was getting my toddler ready for breakfast,
I got a phone call from my DH. At his new workplace, there is a very nice woman who brought a bag perennials to work. Dear husband was a lucky recipient. I spoke to her and she said that in the bag are daffodils, blue grape hyacinths, evening primrose, crocus (if I heard her right), some ornamental grass and my dream pink coneflowers !!! Yay!!! I WILL find room for them in the garden.And room for all my growing annuals, and poppies, lavenders, and....
What an awesome random act of kindness for an eager new gardener like me :)
Here are the latest pictures of my patio bed. It's boring and a little empty after I trimmed the ornamental grass and the mums.
BEFORE (last winter)
AFTER
AFTER THE BIG RECEIVE
And now for the not so good news, I will end this post showing you that a c-r-e-a-t-u-r-e comes to visit when I'm not looking. Grrrrr..... and this is the first time ever that I planted the bulbs. 75% of the bulbs in the bag were planted in my back bed boo hooo
I feel so helpless that I had to write Fredo the Owl at Garden of the Month. I asked for back - up!!! I am not bad to animals, so please, dear something rabbit?, don't eat my plants, please? There's so much food elsewhere...
Oh well, the gardening mistakes of a beginner!







4 comments:
It almost seems impossible to keep them away!
Take lots of pictures of your flowers in bloom after they are planted.
Lucky young lady.
Spread love
scatter joy
Plant seeds of kindness.
Love Jeanne ^j^
Isn't the whole 'dance with Nature' involvement a joy, though?! How I do appreciate the enthusiasm and respect, for all that you are taking part in, that you communicate through your words. A lovely thing for you to share.
NAMASTE
Soon your garden will be lovely again... spring is in the air! :)
Have a lovely day, Jeannie...
cielo
Post a Comment